News and notes from Texas’ 31-16 win over No. 17 TCU on Saturday in Austin:
- Texas improved to 3-1 overall and 1-0 in the Big 12 Conference with the win. The Longhorns are 3-1 for the first time since 2012. Saturday’s win marks the first time UT has beaten Top 25 teams in consecutive weeks since 2008
- The Longhorns have won three straight games for the first time since the 2014 season
- Texas is now 63-25-1 all-time against TCU, including a mark of 34-14-1 in Austin. It was the Longhorns’ first win over TCU since 2013 and first in Austin since 2007.
- The Longhorns’ defense forced four turnovers in Saturday’s game. It was the most this season and tied for the most in the Tom Herman era (twice in 2017).
- WR Collin Johnson’s 124-yard receiving performance marked the second straight season, and seventh time in school history, that a Longhorn receiver has eclipsed the century mark against TCU.
- QB Sam Ehlinger was 22-of-32 passing for 255 yards and two touchdowns. He is the first Texas quarterback since Colt McCoy with at least one passing and one rushing TD in three consecutive games.
- DB Caden Sterns had two interceptions in the game and has three through four games of his freshman season. Quandre Diggs (2011) and Chris Carter (1993) are the only two freshmen in team history with more interceptions in a single season.
–Steve Habel (@SteveHabel), Field Level Media